Saturday 10 March 2012

GW glue update!

Hi All
This is a small post in update the Games Workshop super glue post a little while ago.  I was having a chat with my uni friend (plays a lot of 40k and well-versed in fantasy) just yesterday (we are in the same postgrad room although he is researching material physics and I am researching astrophysics) and he informed me that he did a specific test on GW super glue to find the constituent chemical make-up and to compare it with Loctite super glue.  The results shocked even me - not wanting to get into too much depth, super glue uses a specific compound called cyanoacrylate with other stuff to enhance and bulk out the glue.  The loctite had an active ingredient content of around 70-80% whilst the GW super glue had only approximately 30%!!!!!  My jaw hit the floor! Now I know this, there's no wonder why it's so crap, around 70% of the GW glue is water and other rubbish!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment