Sunday 9 September 2012

A very BIG SIGH!!!!

Hi All

Well the cold turkey didn't go so well for me!  Seeing all the great models and people painting them got me pining too much for the act of painting models once again!

Well I have decided to start up my painting once again but this time to limit it down to around 30 mins to 1 hour only after doing at least 2 hours of work on my PhD!  However I do like to keep Sunday's free of 'work' due to the 10 commandments, and so started to paint one of my chosen Crimson Slaughter chaos warriors (already did 2 cultists last night).

But something has happened to make me cry like a little baby....my f***ing head nozzle of my Iwata CMC+ has started to kick up a big fuss with something called skipping.  I cannot find a big enough un-smily face to put on this page at the moment.

As you may remember I had to replace one of these tiny highly expensive pieces of metal a while ago due to one snapping at the thread.  Over £40 later got the new thing in and started to use it - so far sooooo good!

However, tonight the airbrush started skipping which is an intermittent pulsing of the airflow through the brush.  Not too bad I thought as this has happened before but after a quick clean to remove the offending piece of dried up paint, everything is ok....until now.  I have cleaned the airbrush more times than you can shake a stick at.  I have disassembled and reassembled the airbrush far too many times for comfort trying to find the problem.  After doing a quick lubrication test on the thread, air is leaking and causing the skip.

I would love to swear huge amounts of nasty words on this page but I won't.  I have just had to order what is known as a Fluid Head System which are all the parts which do the magic for the airbrush. £131 later and I'm not happy.

My advice....do NOT remove the head fluid nozzle ever!!!!  Not unless you have a stupid amount of paint stuck in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment