Wednesday 2 May 2012

Warhammer Joey + serious bad luck!

Well a new phenonemon to hit youtube has arrived (albeit a while ago now) in the form of Joey and her Warhammer antics!!!  What a breath of fresh air!  I look over many many MANY videos on the wonderful world of youtube concerning warhammer and signed up to Joey's video blog thing right from the start! She adds such colour to the videos about the hobby.  I had just got into warhammer fantasy a little earlier than Joey but not much! It is very nice to see someone hitting the same road blocks etc. as myself in the game.

Her takes on the lores are fantastic with the metal lore being my favourite - especially at the end, cracks me up everytime!  It's nice to see her painting progressing very well indeed (one could say exponentially) and also her gaming coming on.  I wish I could say the same for my wargaming! Although I am not bad, I normally suffer the wrath of the dice imps!

Last Thursday I played against a friend and his Warriors of Chaos army at my local wargaming club.  I took a sizeable Vampire Counts army and within the ranks was my prized unit; the killing machine of 7, yes indeed 7 Bloodknights being lead by no other than the most expensive character choice in the whole VC codex; Count Mannsfred.

So there I am, happy, set up and ready to unlease plenty of undead death on my apponent......or so I thought!  He went first, during the magic phase he cast the infernal gateway with unstoppable force onto my uber killing unit and got 11 for the strength! For those of you who do not know about the infernal gateway, a score of 11 or 12 on the strength role removes that unit and characters from play because they are sucked into oblivion.  My face said AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  My mind said NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I sank to the floor realising that in one magic spell I lost not only Mannfred but 1020 points in one!  I am still stinging over it!  Therapy is not helping my friends!!!!!!  Well some retribution on the miscast table - oh no not for me!  He rolled a 5 - takes a str 10 hit and saves with a 4+ ward save.  He did the damn gate two other times during the battle and saved his sorcerer EVERY TIME!!!!  Gutted isn't the word!  Probability of rolling the required strength for this case - 0.167, to save his sorcerer with a 5 miscast then 4+ ward - 0.01389.  To put this into perspective 0 is not likely and 1 is likely!  Moral of the story - KILL THE SORCERER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

So apart from that spleen vent(!) all I can say is SUBSCRIBE TO WARHAMMER JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also check out her blog, facebook thingy and tweets etc.!!!!!
http://thejoeyberry.blogspot.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/#!/JoeyBerry89
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheJoeyberry/216670435089674

No comments:

Post a Comment