Friday 6 April 2012

Ultra Sonic Cleaner

Hi All

Yay! I now have my ultrasonic cleaner - Ultra 7000, what a name!  Well it is a small thing which works wonderfully!  Of course with ultrasonic cleaners you need to consider the job they are made to do and not what is hoped!  If you watch all the videos on Youtube concerning ultrasonic cleaners, you will see a lot of buzzing a not a huge amount otherwise, but afterwards you will see the amount of grime and dirt removed during the cleaning process.
I wasn't really someone who would meticulously clean a miniature before cleaning unless they really needed it – not a good habit to continue with really!  But I thought I would give the Ultra7000 a blast to see what it could get off some metal minis – see below


As you can see from the pictures, concentric rings are formed around the models where the dirt and manufacturing bits are pushed into sections called nodal points (standing wave physics).  The rings of dirt are enough to convince me that cleaning the minis through this method are a good idea. 
I have cleaned my airbrush through the ultra7000 and I was incredibly pleased/alarmed at the amount of paint coming from the individual nozzles!  The airbrush is good and clean and I have been blasting a base coat on 80 ultra marines for a friend at university who kindly gave me a load of zombies, a few wraith type things and a black coach!
Anyways I will stop there!
God Bless
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment