Monday 6 February 2012

Start of the new blog!

Hi All


Here is the first beginning of my blog!  Never done this before, so here goes!....

Below are a few pictures I took today of some of my models!  Enjoy!










So what about me?  You are reading my blog therefore it is only fair to let you know who I am!
Well, I am in my early 30's and researching my PhD in Astrophysics and Planetary Science.  I am married with no kids (yet!) but plenty of pets to be getting on with!
I first got involved with Warhammer 40 000 back in the days of the 1st edition!  My brother's friend lent me his copy of the Rogue Trader rulebook and got me into Space Wolves.  From then, 2nd ed came out and the first model I bought for this particular hobby with Leman Russ the Primarch of the Space Wolves!  The model is metal (which I definately prefer) and cost me £5!!!!  I think I can hear jaws hitting floors at the moment!  Yes indeed the model or should I say three models cost a fair price back then.  Good grief hasn't it changed?!

Well, I left the hobby when GW decided to destroy two main enjoyments of the hobby: 3rd ed came out and the characters were axed and the second thing which is sadly still the case, the dilution of the lead content resulting in white metal (which isn't bad really) leading to a massive price increase!  I got back into the hobby a number of years ago and was very pleased to see that characters plus more are back!  So downsides would definately be the simplification of the rules for 40k and the 'newest' model medium - 'fine'cast.

It always seems that GW have to do something in order to justify massive price increases and the lastest one being 'fine'cast resin models in my honest opinion, is the worst thing to happen to the hobby.  I cannot state anymore than I absolutely loath 'fine'cast resin.  I will vent my spleen later on, but for the moment not now!

So what in the hobby do I do now?! I collect my beloved Space Wolves, Orks, Chaos, Inquisition forces and Grey Knights.  But recently as you would have guessed from the pictures, I have been spending rather a decent amount of time on Vampire Counts for Warhammer.  I've just got into fantasy and I am starting to like it more than 40k. The rules are more like 2nd ed 40k!  The pictures include my Coven Throne which took just over a week to do, Vlad von Carstein, an Enigma model called Dark Vlad and some skeletons.  Various techniques have been used on these models and I will like to go through them in due course!

Anyways, I will stop there as I do not wish to bore too much!  So here is the first of my blog!  Yippee!
Cheers
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment